Link to a certain place!
- A cancer that forms in the cells of the uterus, the organ in a woman’s pelvis (below stomach)
- The two main types of uterine cancer are endometrial cancer, beginning in the lining of the uterus, and uterine sarcoma, a rare cancer beginning in the muscle or other tissues in the uterus
- Vaginal bleeding, pelvic pain, and pain during intercourse
- Pelvic exam- where the doctor examines outer and inner parts of the private genital area.
- Pelvic Ultrasound: sound waves to create pictures of the uterus, using a scope to examine the inner lining of the uterus (endometrium), taking a biopsy
- Surgery is done to take out the cancer, sometimes the entire uterus
- The cancer tissue is sent for pathology so it can be “staged” based on how far it has spread
- It can be staged from 1 to 4, where 1 has not spread and 4 being that it has spread a lot
- Various treatment regimens include radiation, hormone, and/or chemotherapy